Ladies, you don't have to get lash extensions to rock full gorgeous lashes. Yes, extensions are awesome but those bad boys cost A TON and can add up. Plus, hustling to fill appointments every couple weeks gets old, real quick. So, we are here to help you master the art of applying false lashes, because it truly is an art!
Applying false lashes yourself can be intimidating (and sticky), but once you get the hang of it you can do it in your sleep (or more like 2-3 glasses of wine in) Here's how its done - step by step.
- Apply liner and mascara first (I apply all other makeup first, saving the lashes for last)
- Trim the lashes - Measure the strip against your actual eyelid and trim off the excess.
- Apply a very thin strip of glue to the lash, and then chill for a sec. I feel like blowing on it and waving it around a bit helps. Make sure to get the clear glue, it's invisible when it dries.
- Now hold steady and stick 'em on—working from the center of your eye out while looking in the mirror downward. I tend to press the lash against my real lashes so they really stick together.
- After the glue dries use eyeliner to camouflage the strip's band aka cover up any mistakes.
It's really that EASY.
Lashes make a HUGE difference, these are not extensions but reusable strip lashes:
If you are clueless on what lashes to purchase, here are my Top 5:
- Kissing Bloom Lashes ($5)
- Ardell Fashion Lashes in #110 ($5)
- MAC 36 Lash ($17)
- Kiss Lash Couture Faux Mink Boudoir ($7.86)
- VELOUR LASHES/Luminous Lash Collection ($28)
Don't forget to save and reuse your lashes. Now go forth and admire how good your lashes look!