COVID-19 made traditional outings at restaurants and weekend parties disappear, but it couldn't do anything to stop a craving for good, old-fashioned barbeque. Pecos Pit takes pride in serving the best barbeque in Washington, from fall-off-the-bone ribs and chopped pork sandwiches to coleslaw, mac-and-cheese, and even salads.
If this sounds like something you can't wait to have for lunch (or dinner or anytime), don't wait any longer. Pecos Pit is ready to serve you in multiple ways during the pandemic.
- The food trucks: The Pecos Pit food trucks travel to various neighborhoods each day to serve their signature BBQ entrees and sides.
- Online ordering: You can go to pecospit.com or download the Pecos Pit app to start your contact-free order for pick-up. You'll earn rewards along the way to use toward future orders. Pecos Pit also partners with third-party food delivery sites for delivery if you prefer to order through their apps instead.
- Takeout: Pecos Pit offers masks, hand sanitizers, and special line management that enforces proper social distancing so you can order your food at the restaurant safely.
- Drive-thru: If you don't feel like getting out of your car, you can pull up to the drive-thru line and pick up your food at the window without ever leaving your vehicle.
If you're curious about whether a Pecos Pit food truck will be in your area sometime soon, you can visit their website to find the upcoming destinations. You can also submit a request for your neighborhood if you don't currently see an area listed that is close to you.
Do you need to order some BBQ in bulk? Call on Pecos Pit catering to take your delivery to the next level. While COVID-19 prevents gatherings of 5,000 people, Pecos Pit could cater to a group that big if it was allowed. During the age of social distancing, the catering crew at Pecos Pit is happy to serve your smaller gatherings with customized pricing.
- All meals are individually bagged
- A staff member can stay to serve guests if necessary
- All staff wears masks and gloves at all times
- Price will include gas and mileage up to 30 miles round-trip. If your party is farther than 30 miles round-trip, then you'll just have to pay a little more.
- Orders must be placed 48 hours in advance
- For some events, like birthdays, baby showers, and retirement parties, Pecos Pit will set up their catering van and a few tables so guests can drive by and congratulate the person of honor and pick up a bag of goodies to-go.
COVID-19 has led to the elimination of self-serve buffets, but the food trucks are a huge part of Pecos Pit catering. The cooks are the only ones in contact with the food, and all guests are required to wear masks when they order. After ordering, you can return to your socially distanced fun while you wait for your delicious BBQ.
Since 1980, Pecos Pit has proudly cooked up quality BBQ dishes and put smiles on people's faces. Maybe great BBQ can't solve all the world's problems, but it certainly can bring some joy to your lunch break or your family's dinner table.
You can visit pecospit.com to order online, organize catering, or make your mouth water at all the tasty options on the menu. Pecos Pit has locations in West Seattle and the SoDo neighborhood.