Hip-hop fans - mark your calendars for Nov. 2! The Thompson Hotel is serving up some flavor profiles on MANY levels.
Executive Chef Derek Simcik of Thompson Seattle has partnered with Jay-Z’s former world tour DJ Neil Armstrong to host an exclusive hip-hop themed dinner called “Auxiliary” at their restaurant Scout.
Auxiliary guests can experience a multi-course dinner that is inspired by legendary hip-hop artists’ favorite foods, while DJ Neil Armstrong serves the ~flavor~ on the turn tables. After your bellies and souls have been fed, their rooftop bar is hosting an after-party that is open to the public that evening.
Here’s what is on the dinner menu:
- Tribe Called Quest favorite Ham n’ Eggs elevated with bottarga, cheddar, and chicharones
- Pimp C’s preferred dish of Prawns will be served with salsify and topped with caviar
- Notorious B.I.G. will be honored with a dish of Aged Beef served with savory chanterelle mushroom ragout and a bone marrow demi-glaze
- Macaroni, which was a favorite for Tupac, will be served with foie gras and aged parmesan
- LL Cool J’s favorite dish of Cereal will be turned in to dessert and feature cinnamon rice puffs and marshmallow crunches over a toasted milk ice cream
- Diners will receive a takeaway chocolate chip cookie flavored Puppy Chow, which is one of Common’s go-to snacks