This *breaking news* is coming to you as I literally sip on a pipin' hot cup of Joe.
This Sunday, September 29 is #NationalCoffeeDay and to celebrate the caffeinated holiday, Seattle was named 2019's Best City for Coffee Lovers. Are we surprised? Not so much.
The study by Wallethub compared the 100 largest cities across 14 key indicators of a strong coffee culture. The set ranges from coffee shops, coffee houses, cafes per capita and price per pack of coffee. Here's the numbers for Seattle's "coffee culture."
The Coffee Scene in Seattle (1=Best, 50=Avg.):
- 6th – Avg. Spending on Coffee per Household
- 29th – % of Adults Who Reported Drinking “Ready-to-Drink” Coffee in the Past Six Months
- 4th – Coffee Shops, Coffee Houses & Cafés Per Capita
- 2nd – Coffee & Tea Manufacturers per Capita
- 38th – % of Households that Own Coffee Makers
Whether its Storyville, Ladro or just your at home french press - I hope you celebrate National Coffee Day in the best way you know how! Learn more at Wallethub's website.