There's always something fun happening in downtown Renton. But one of our favorite events of the year is back: The Renton Wine Walk!
On Friday, June 7, 2019, 12 local businesses will pair up with local wineries to bring you a night of shopping, wine, and quality time with friends. Here's a sneak peek at the participating businesses and the wineries:
1. Handsome Devil Ink and Armstrong Family Winery. If now feels like the right time to get that ink you've been dreaming of, stop in and chat with the gentlemen at Handsome Devil Ink for a custom piece of art you'll be able to carry forever. While you chat about your tat, try some of the classically-styled wines from Armstrong Family Winery.
2. Cugini Florists and Ellensburg Canyon Winery. Live your life in full bloom with gorgeous floral arrangements and gifts from Cugini Florists. Keep putting your petal to the metal with red, white, and port-style wines from Ellensburg Canyon Winery.
3. Modern to Vintage and Hard Row to Hoe Vineyards. Furniture is like wine – older varieties are truly wonderful, but more modern creations can be equally enjoyable. At Modern to Vintage, you'll find an eclectic mix of furnishings old and new with an emphasis on the mid-century modern aesthetic. Don't miss out on sipping wine from Hard Row to Hoe Vineyards, known for serious wines without the serious attitudes.
4. Jack & Jill Nails Boutique and Leony's Cellars. Treat yo'self to some pampering at downtown Renton's newest nail salon, Jack & Jill Nails Boutique! Once your nails are feeling fierce, embrace your inner lioness and taste wine from Leony's Cellars (leony translates to "lioness" in Latin).
5. Renton Martial Arts Studio and Three of Cups. You'll get a kick out of all the classes offered at Renton Martial Arts Center. They have a variety of martial arts classes (think: taekwondo, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai, kickboxing, and more) for kids, teens, and adults of all experience and fitness levels. While you're learning about the craft of martial arts, enjoy a glass of wine from Three of Cups winery. The winery's name comes from the tarot card, Three of Cups, which symbolizes conviviality, abundance, joy, and friendship—all things that happen naturally with wine.
6. LA Frames and Long Cellars. Nothing makes a house feel like a home more than a beautifully framed photograph. And whether you prefer a rustic wooden hand-crafted frame or a modern metal frame, LA Frames can help you find one that perfectly reflects your style. With more than 500 styles to choose from, it'd be impossible not to pick one you love. While you're savoring sweet memories to frame, savor the sweet flavor of wines from Long Cellars.
7. McCorkle & Associates and Love That Red Winery. You know what makes doing your taxes more fun? Wine. Sit back, relax, and let the financial experts at McCorkle & Associates handle your W2s and W9s. The only "w" you need to focus on is wine from Love That Red Winery.
8. Salon Fifty 7 and Michael Florentino Cellars. Snip and sip! Need a fresh cut or touch-up on color? Pop in and chat with the expert hair stylists at Salon Fifty 7 for a free consultation! And because every spa day deserves wine, enjoy the taste of Michael Florentino Cellars' Spanish and Italian wines.
9. Renton Technical College and Livin' Right Wines. Thinking about switching up your career? Chat with one of the experts at Renton Technical College about their short- and long-term career training programs. Once you've found the right classes, find the right wine with Livin' Right Wines.
10. BRAG Salon and Market Vineyards. Go on, brag about getting your hair done at Brag Hair Salon! Pop by and meet the stylists to see who would be the best fit for your hair needs and taste wines from Market Vineyards.
11. Smart Tech 3D Printing and Truth Teller Winery. Hey business owners! Learn everything you can about 3D printing when you pop by Smart Tech 3D Printing. Then, pop open a bottle of wine from Truth Teller Winery and chat prototypes.
12. New Zen Japanese Restaurant and Wilridge. You'll be soy glad that you rolled by New Zen Japanese Restaurant for family-style cuisine and sushi. Wash your rolls down with a glass of wine from Wilridge Vineyard, Winery & Distillery.
And as an added bonus, a few local artists will host a free art show during the Wine Walk at the Pavilion from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.! See the participating artists here.
The wine starts flowing on June 7 at 6 p.m. and ends at 9 p.m. Tickets for the Renton Wine Walk are $25 in advance and $30 at the event (if not sold out). Click here to buy tickets online.
Can't make it to the Wine Walk? There's always something going on in downtown Renton. To stay up to date on the latest happenings, follow the Renton Downtown Partnership on Facebook or visit www.rentondowntown.com.