But first, coffee.
The place that we call home has officially been voted the second best city for coffee in America according to Wallethub's 2018 Best Coffee Cities in America!
Out of the 100 biggest cities voted on throughout the U.S., the Emerald City ranked high at number two, reminding us all that Seattle is the *ultimate* coffee haven.
Outsiders may call Seattelites coffee snobs but these stats justify our city's palette:
The Coffee Scene in Seattle (1=Best, 50=Avg.):
- 8th – Avg. Spending on Coffee per Household
- 26th – % of Adults Who Reported Drinking “Ready-to-Drink” Coffee in the Past Six Months
- 4th – Coffee Shops, Coffee Houses & Cafés Per Capita
- 2nd – Coffee & Tea Manufacturers per Capita
- 54th – % of Households that Own Coffee Makers
And you are probably wondering WHO ON EARTH beat us at the number one spot?! Well, it's New York. Whatever! Here's the top 10 for curiosities sake.
- New York, NY
- Seattle, WA
- San Francisco, CA
- Portland, OR
- Los Angeles, CA
- Washington, DC
- Chicago, IL
- Miami, FL
- Boston, MA
- San Diego, CA
So, with that - be sure to stop by your favorite coffee shop or sip on your own homemade cup of Joe today because, you know the drill. Treat yo'self.