Could we BE anymore excited?!
This Sunday, September 29, is #NationalCoffeeDay and to celebrate the caffeinated holiday and 25 years of Friends, the Lounge by AT&T will completely transform into a full-size replica of the famous FRIENDS' coffee shop, Central Perk.
The Central Perk pop up goes from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. and has been designed to "capture the excitement and nostalgia of the show's milestone anniversary celebration."
Not only will there be a performance by the Rembrants, singing their iconic "I'll Be There For You," but there will also be an appearance by James Michael Tyler, aka GUNTHER. Here's the complete run down of the event:
- A life-size replica of Central Perk, complete with the famous orange couch for the ultimate photo opp!
- Performances by The Rembrandts, famous for their iconic theme song, the musical duo will be on hand to perform their hits and other Friends-related songs
- Appearance by James Michel Tyler, who played Gunther on the series
- Phoebe’s Yellow Cab Escape Room which offers the challenge of an escape room with the fun of a Friends trivia game, in a fully operational taxicab
- 25 years of Friends trivia and live Q&A to test your true fandom
- Give it Your Best! Friends-theme karaoke booth where fans can sing-along to iconic music from the show.
- Friends Tech Timeline: Its clear technology has changed since the show first aired – remember voicemails and dating IRL?
- And of course, coffee, created and served by Seattle based Ada's Discovery Café, managed by 2018 US Barista Champion Cole McBride and much, much more!