October 16th is World Food Day (basically an excuse to pig out on ALL OF THE FOODS), and to celebrate that Wallethub conducted a study to find out which cities were the best for foodies.
To determine the best and cheapest local foodie scene, Wallethub measured a few key metrics including affordability, accessibility of high quality restaurants, food festivals per capita, and craft breweries and wineries.
With all this in mind - Seattle nabbed the number 10 spot for 2017’s Best Foodie Cities in America! Which is no surprise to us up north because, well, seafood, coffee, everything delicious in this world. Here's how we stacked up:
- 12th – Restaurants per Capita
- 1st – Affordability & Accessibility of Highly Rated Restaurants
- 6th – Gourmet Specialty-Food Stores per Capita
- 1st – Craft Breweries & Wineries per Capita
- 1st – Coffee & Tea Shops per Capita
Here’s the top 10 cities:
- San Francisco, CA
- Portland, OR
- New York, NY
- Los Angeles, CA
- Miami, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Austin, TX
- Las Vegas, NV
- San Diego, CA
- Seattle, WA
Anyone else hungry? STARVING.