Earlier today, the James Beard Foundation, or otherwise known as the 'Oscars of Food', announced the semi-finalists for their 2018 awards!
The finalists will be announced on March 14 followed by the awards gala on May 7 in Chicago (where Los Hernandez will receive their America's Classics award). But until then, let's celebrate our Seattle-area and Washington semi-finalists! Be sure to make your reservations to support our local culinary scene!
Best New Restaurant
- Evan Andres, Columbia City Bakery
Outstanding Bar Program
- Ethan Stowell and Angela Stowell, Ethan Stowell Restaurants
Outstanding Wine Program
Outstanding Wine, Spirits, or Beer Professional
- Dave Green, Skagit Valley Malting, Burlington, WA
Rising Star Chef of the Year
- Jay Blackinton, Hogstone’s Wood Oven/Aelder, Orcas Island, WA
- Shota Nakajima, Adana
- Maximillian Petty, Eden Hill
Best Chef: Northwest (AK, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY)
- Eric Donnelly, RockCreek
- Edouardo Jordan, Salare
- Taichi Kitamura, Sushi Kappo Tamura
- Mark Schroder, Opus Co.
- Mutsuko Soma, Kamonegi
- Anna Vogel, Italia Trattoria, Spokane, WA
- Rachel Yang and Seif Chirchi, Joule