Establishing a sense of family with your loved ones is an important part of developing relationships. One-way families try to do this is via weeknight family dinners but finding time to do this can be extremely challenging with busy work and school schedules.
If you feel like family dinners at your house aren't necessarily the "norm," you aren't alone. Over the past three decades, studies have shown that family time at the dinner table has decreased by more than 30 percent. These numbers become even more alarming the older children get; only one-third of families with an 11-18-year-old child eat one or two meals together every week.
So, when life is at its craziest, it seems like most people agree that family dinners can be put on the back-burner. But what does this lack of family bonding do to family relationships long-term?
- According to the Office of National Drug Control Strategy, forming strong family bonds can prevent children from developing drug problems.
- Spending more time with children can have a direct correlation on their ability to have long-term success in an academic setting.
- The absence of a supportive family environment can cause children to develop symptoms of depression.
Of course, these are extreme circumstances that won't arise by skipping out on family dinners. That said, bonding over a home-cooked meal can certainly help prevent such problems from developing.
There is no denying that much of what forms strong family bonds starts and ends by spending time together. Wholesome family meals are a great way to build those bonds, but time doesn't grow on trees. Many people simply don't have the time to cook a hour-long meal every night.
That's where Papa Murphy's comes into play.
Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza is a hand-crafted solution to getting your family seated around the dinner table. With only so many hours available during the day, Papa Murphy's lets you spend more time on what matters most - your work, your hobbies, and, of course, your family.
Plus, eating a homemade pizza pie from Papa Murphy's is significantly healthier than ordering out. Papa Murphy's shreds cheese from blocks a chops veggies by hand, limiting the preservatives and additives that can have harmful effects in your child's body.
The way it works is simple:
- Choose from a wide range of Papa Murphy's favorites, such as their signature pizza that made them famous or their stuffed pizza for families with hardcore appetites. You can even create your own, which lets you be the boss in every sense of the word!
- Follow the baking instructions, included with your order and located on the website's menu. These instructions will vary depending on the type of crust you order—and yes, Papa Murphy's does have gluten-free options for those with allergies!
- Enjoy a home-cooked meal as a family! It's better than take out, and it gives you the chance to get to know your family in ways you never knew them before. You can even make it a tradition (Pizza Wednesday's for Hump Day, anyone?).
The importance of a home cooked family meal during the week cannot be overstated, and Papa Murphy's makes preparing that from-scratch meal easier than you or your loved ones could have ever imagined. Set it, forget it, and then enjoy it—it's that simple!
Who doesn't love a homemade meal? Now, you have the time you need to get it done. Go ahead, finish up that email, pick up the kids, or run that errand. Papa Murphy's has got your scratch-made dinner. Visit https://www.papamurphys.com/ to learn more.