Ah, eggnog. Does anything more wonderfully signal the holiday season? But let's be honest - there are a lot of ways you can make this drink incorrectly. A homemade eggnog, or one made by pros, is essential to the season of joy.
Which is why we were thrilled to be given a first-hand look into Pan Pacific Hotel's making of their Christmas Eggnog recipe! They make it batch by batch at a time, and let me just attest to the fact that....it's wonderful.
Check out the time-lapse above, and make it yourself this year!
Pan Pacific's Christmas Eggnog
- 25 ounces Gosling's black seal rum
- 12 ounces St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- 10 large eggs (separated)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 quart milk
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Separate yolks and whites. Beat eggs, add in sugar and beat until combined. Add liquor slowly, beating constantly (mixture will turn brown). Add milk and cream simultaneously until well mixed. Add nutmeg and cinnamon, mix and set aside.
- Beat whites until stiff and fold slowly into alcohol mixture.
- Cover in an airtight container, and allow eggnog to cure for 4-7 days in the refrigerator.
- The mixture will separate as it cures. This is normal, just be sure to mix well before serving. This can be served warm or cold. Sprinkg some ground cinnamon or allspice on top.