Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind, but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! We love sharing a new cocktail with you every week that can be made at home with recipes that are both easy and delicious! This mocktail recipe is courtesy of Christy Goff, a registered dietitian nutritionist and yoga instructor at Pacific Medical Centers.
Kombucha is a fermented, lightly effervescent tea-based beverage that is relatively low in calories and sugar. It contains live and active cultures (similar to yogurt) and can help strengthen your gut microbiome. Kombucha is refreshing, bubbly and subtly sweet, especially if the brewer combines it with fruit juice — just like this mocktail!
- One 16-oz bottle passion-berry kombucha (such as Synergy GT)
- Two 12-oz cans of lime or mango-flavored seltzer water (such as LaCroix)
- 10 mint leaves, lightly chopped
- 1 lime
- Ice (optional)
How to make it
- Gently muddle chopped mint by firmly pressing against it with the back of a large spoon
- To four glasses, add mint and lime slice
- Top with 4 ounces kombucha and 6 ounces of seltzer water
- Serve immediately