Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content. Please drink responsibly.
If you want a sophisticated drink, try a Summer Nectar with Glenfiddich scotch. It's simple and refreshing, just like a summer evening as the season changes. The hint of pear in the scotch is only enhanced by adding fresh pear and raspberries to the mix. This drink brings the classiness back to the fruity cocktail.
- 2 oz. Glenfiddich Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- 1/2 ripe pear, chopped
- 3 raspberries
- Orange for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add pear and raspberries to shaker
- Muddle or mash with a long spoon
- Fill the shaker with ice and add Glenfiddich
- Stir to mix and strain into a rocks glass with ice
- Garnish with a burnt orange twist