Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind — but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour.
For a delightful twist, the Red Moon Over Manhattan is a sassy variation of the classic Manhattan, incorporating red wine and using bourbon in place of whiskey.
- 2 oz. red wine
- 1/2 oz. bourbon
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- 1 large round ice sphere
- 2 gourmet maraschino cherries
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Shake all of the ingredients together with ice for 20 seconds
- Spray an orange peel into the cocktail glass and rub the rim of the glass
- Add in the ice sphere and strain the cocktail over the ice
- Add two cherries on a cocktail stirrer to garnish the glass
Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content produced by VMG Studios. Please drink responsibly.