Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content. Please drink responsibly.
Bring 1920's Paris back into your cocktail routine with this fresh take on the traditional Jack Rose, made with apple brandy, grenadine and lemon juice — always fresh. Go full Queen Bee and garnish with a beautiful apple fan!
- 1 1/2 oz. apple brandy
- 3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. grenadine (we like Giffard)
If you want to make your own grenadine syrup:
- 16 oz. pomegranate juice
- 16 oz. sugar
- 2 oz. pomegranate molasses
- 1 t. orange blossom water
- 1 oz. vodka
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add all ingredients to a shaking tin
- Add ice
- Shake well and strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with an apple fan