Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content. Please drink responsibly.
When you'd really rather be on the beach in a tropical location, the Coco Rita just might be a way to transport you into that vibe — a sweetened margarita made with coconut milk. At Queen Bee, we go all the way with coconut-infused agave, making it a more well-rounded experience. It just might be the ticket to that tropical get-away at home.
- 2 oz. Milagro Reposado Tequila
- 1 oz. coconut-infused agave syrup
- 1/2 oz. Thai coconut milk
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- Coconut flakes for the rim, minced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, then dip the rim in coarse salt or coconut flakes and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and add ice.
- Shake it until it is chilled.
- Strain and serve on the rocks.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.