Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content. Please drink responsibly.
This martini is a tasty treat for any occasion! The Tullamore D.E.W. Irish Whiskey has a smooth and light finish with a buttery feel, and the subtle citrus smell blends nicely with the apple brandy and caramelized apple puree — it goes down easy and will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- Tullamore D.E.W. Irish Whiskey
- Apple brandy
- Brown sugar
- Cinnamon stick
HOW TO MAKE IT
Step one: Caramelized Apple Puree
- In a hot skillet, combine one large tart apple cored, peeled and sliced with 2 tablespoons of butter
- When apples are tender, sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Cook until apples are golden brown and caramelized
- MAKE SURE APPLES ARE COMPLETELY COOLED BEFORE PLACING IN BLENDER TO PUREE
Step two: Mix drink
- In a shaker mix, 1.5 oz. Tullamore D.E.W. Irish Whiskey, 1 oz. apple brandy, and 1 oz. caramelized apple puree
- Add ice and shake
- Pour into a martini glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick