Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then you deserve a happy hour that’s a little more...hmmm. What’s the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content.
This isn't your ordinary, run of the mill Breakfast Martini! Queen Bee use the heady flavor of cognac and balance it with the sweet, tangy flavor of blood orange. There’s no better way to start your day ;)
- 2 oz. New Amsterdam Gin
- 1 oz. Cognac
- Juice of 1/2 blood orange
- 2 tsp. marmalade
- Rim a martini glass with sugar.
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with a blood orange slice.