Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then, you deserve a happy hour that's a little more...hmmm. What's the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content. Please drink responsibly.
The Blind Ambition is a creation borrowed from Seattle bartender Adam Way, and it features a brand-new vodka to the Pacific Northwest — Olympia Artesian Vodka. This vodka smooths out all the citrus and tang happening with these ingredients. This is a mature, fruity drink that will easily become the star of the party!
- 1.5 oz. Olympia Artesian Vodka
- 0.5 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 0.5 oz. Reàl Mango Puree Infused Syrup
- 0.25 oz. Campari
- 2 drops of Absinthe
- 1 dash of Angostura Bitters
- 2 oz. Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
- 3 oz. Fever-Tree Soda Water
- Grated cinnamon and candied mango for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add all ingredients except the ginger beer and soda to a shaker and add ice
- Shake well and fine strain over ice into a collins glass
- Top with ginger beer and soda water
- Garnish with freshly grated cinnamon and candied mango or a lemon wedge