Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then you deserve a happy hour that’s a little more...hmmm. What’s the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content.
Want a taste of Italy without the 8 hour flight? The Basilicocco combines two Italian flavors, basil and Lemoncocco, with gin for a drink that tastes like Mediterranean sunshine! Speedo not included.
- Basil leaves
- 1.25 oz. Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 2 oz. Salted Caramel Vodka
- .25 oz Letterpress Limoncello
- 2.5 oz Lemoncocco
- .25 oz St. Germain
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Take 3 leaves of basil, tear into pieces and place in shaker
- Add 1.25 oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
- Soft press leaves until gin turns a light shade of green
- Add .25 oz Letterpress Limoncello, .25 oz St. Germain and 2.5 oz Lemoncocco
- Shake and strain into martini glass rimmed with lemon peel
- Garnish with one basil leaf