Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then you deserve a happy hour that’s a little more...hmmm. What’s the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content.
The New Fashioned is Iron Chef Michael Symon’s new take on the Old Fashioned. Combining the smoked maple syrup with the cinnamon and chestnut honey infused bourbon, gives this drink a surprisingly sweet flavor. It will make you want to rethink your love of bourbon.
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Chestnut Honey
- Barrel Smoked Maple Syrup
- Bourbon cherries for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Infuse the bourbon overnight
- Empty 2 oz of bourbon from the bottle and set aside
- Add two cinnamon sticks
- Add 2 oz of chestnut honey
- Add 2 oz of infused bourbon to mixing glass
- Add .5 oz of barrel smoked maple syrup (this is a strong syrup so you can add more to taste if you like)
- Add ice and stir
- Strain into glass with ice
- Garnish with a Bourbon cherry