Sure, a glass of wine or a beer is a nice way to unwind – but every now and then you deserve a happy hour that’s a little more...hmmm. What’s the word? Refined! Kelly Sparks of Queen Bee Mixology is graciously sharing a new cocktail with us every week, just in time for Happy Hour. Queen Bee is raising the bar for cocktails made at home with recipes that are both easy – and delicious! Want more? Connect with Queen Bee Mixology on social media for extra recipes and behind-the-scenes content.
Looking for a sweet warm drink to get you through a long cold day, then look no further. The Hot Buttered Rum cocktail will tickle your sweet tooth and warm your belly all at the same time. Adding cinnamon and nutmeg enhances the essence of the season.
- 1 lb butter
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 oz dark rum
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon sticks to garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Blend in brown sugar and powdered sugar.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in the ice cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into a plastic container, seal, and freeze.
- In a coffee mug, measure 1 tablespoon Hot Buttered Rum Batter and 1 fluid ounce of rum, then fill cup with boiling water.
- Stir, and sprinkle top of drink with nutmeg.