It’s back-to-school time. And when school is in session, the entire family’s schedule gets that much busier.
Don’t waste your money ordering out every night of the week, and don’t sacrifice on flavor and quality because you’re tight on time. Using fresh and organic ingredients that aren’t packed with artificial preservatives, colors and flavors will help ensure a better meal for you and your family. Keep these four recipes from Litehouse on hand to whip up on a whim, or meal prep the night before. They’re quick to make, simple to prepare, and delightful to devour.
Time: 50 minutes
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse Guacamole Herb Blend
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Litehouse Organic Ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Use 1 tablespoon of Instantly Fresh Guacamole Herb Blend to season both sides of the chicken breasts and salt generously.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Cover with foil and allow to rest before dicing to serve.
- Meanwhile, combine the black beans and corn in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Dice the tomato and place it in a medium bowl. Remove the seeds from the jalapenos, dice and add it to the tomatoes. Stir in the red onion, 1 tablespoon cilantro and juice from the lime and toss to combine.
- Prepare the guacamole by mashing the avocado in a small bowl. Add in remaining Guacamole Herb Blend and season with salt. Lightly mash, keeping some chunks.
- Prepare the bowls by layering 1/2 cup of cooked rice along with 3 ounces of diced chicken meat. Top with black bean salsa, pico de gallo, and guacamole. Drizzle with Litehouse Organic Ranch dressing and serve immediately.
Time: 25 minutes
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 7 ounces roasted bell peppers, sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- Litehouse Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Mix together ingredients.
- Drizzle with Litehouse Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette and divide among plates.
- If desired, add pepper.
Time: 22 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, and halved
- 6 cups romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 large tomato, cut into slices
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 6 (6-inch) pita bread rounds
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Litehouse Organic Caesar dressing
- Brush both sides of chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons Litehouse Organic Caesar dressing.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Grill chicken 5 inches from heat source 6 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Slice crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Combine lettuce, chicken, olives, tomatoes, and cheese in large bowl; toss with remaining 1/2 cup Litehouse dressing or layer ingredients and top with remaining Litehouse dressing.
- Cut pita bread into halves; open the pockets.
- Fill with lettuce mixture.
Time: 40 minutes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Litehouse Organic Lemon Herb Dressing and Marinade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Litehouse Instantly Fresh Basil, Oregano or Parsley
- 1 lemon sliced
- Marinate the chicken in Litehouse Organic Lemon Herb dressing for at least two hours or overnight.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet. You will need one with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cook the chicken until it's browned on one side, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook a minute more. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the rice, chicken broth and herbs into the same sauce pan. Stir to combine.
- Place the chicken back into the rice and add the lemon slices around the pan.
- Cover and simmer 25-30 minutes.
Litehouse offers a wide variety of refrigerated salad dressings and dips, freshly dried herbs, cheese, and cider. Click here to locate their products in a store near you and find more delicious recipes online at www.litehousefoods.com.